Sales & Warehouse Associate - Full Time - Permanent
Sustainable Northwest Wood (SNW Wood) is seeking a highly motivated person with a passion for sustainable business and excellent communications skills. SNW Wood is an established, successful business and a national leader in the field of sustainable wood products. The focus of our business is to act as a bridge between the built and natural environments by distributing wood from a group of regional mills dedicated to responsible ecosystem stewardship. We welcome your application to join our team.
Our Sales & Warehouse Associate will provide excellent customer service, develop a broad knowledge of wood products, and be able to work creatively with customers to fulfill their project needs. This exciting new position will be the first point of interaction for many of our customers, providing in-store customer service, assistance with walk-in clientele and help with warehouse operations. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual to enter and learn about the exciting and growing field of sustainable wood products.
Our office and lumberyard are a COVID safe workspace adhering to CDC guidelines. All SNW Wood’s current employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and we have never had an outbreak.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Stationed at the front sales counter and in the warehouse this person will be the primary point-of-contact for walk-in customers.
- Providing exemplary customer service to all customers by providing them with information about our products, checking them out when ready to pay and being a friendly face.
- Working with the Warehouse Manager to pull orders for customers (sometimes requiring the use of a forklift, training/certification will be provided).
- Maintaining the tidiness of the warehouse allows the operations of the company to run smoothly.
- Re-stocking lumber racks when material is low.
- Exemplary customer service and sales skills
- Commitment to sustainability
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic knowledge of lumber and wood products
- Eagerness to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Physical requirements: Ability to bend, stand, and lift-up to 40 pounds.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Full health care coverage
- Generous paid time off
- Training on in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks will be provided
- Start date: as soon as filled
Anticipated schedule is Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm (40 per week)
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, we want to hear from you! You must submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please No Calls.
Sustainable Northwest Wood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state and local laws.